One downsides with self-publishing is pre-orders are a logistical challenge – every author I’ve asked has used the wonderful kickstarter to make it work.
The upside is this: I can give away crazy things with book pre-orders. Some possible ideas are:
- (These are examples)
- For $XX, you’ll get the book, and I’ll write an essay on the blog on any topic you wish.
- Buy 5 copies, and serenade you on video with a song of your choice.
- A personal youtube video lecture
- A visit to your company (as in I get on a plane and give a talk of your choice at your office, or favorite bar)
- A phone consultation (use my brain as you wish for 30 minutes)
- A copy signed with a personal note to your boss.
- The possibilities are endless…
Have ideas? What fun things should I include on the kickstarter page for MindFire?
Leave a comment. Thanks.