Among other writing projects, I’ve been working on a revised and cleaned up version of Mindfire: Big Ideas for Curious Minds. The original printing had a long list of minor issues I’ve wanted to fix.
Here’s a partial list of what’s improved in 1.1:
- Print version will have a more comfortable footprint: 8×6, instead of 9×6
- Font size will be adjust downward slightly for easier reading
- Nearly 75 minor typos, weird spacing issues, errant hash marks and other typographic oddities were corrected
- Perhaps most importantly, a 1.1 edition gives me a chance to get more of you in the book
To get your name in the book, do the following:
- Stand on one foot
- Say “A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men” three times fast.
- (This is the important one) Go take a picture of your copy of the original edition of Mindfire. Make it somewhere interesting, creative, or unusual. And don’t be shy: if you wish, you can be in the photo too.
- (Update) the photo has to show the book cover somewhere, somehow.
- If you have the digital edition, that’s fine. Photos of digital editions shown on devices count.
- Post your image as a comment to this post
The people who take the 10 best photos will get their name in the acknowledgements, and a copy of the 1.1 digital edition. Have fun!