Thanks for even thinking of helping out with launching my next book.
What many don’t know is marketing is hard: harder in some ways than writing books themselves. I’m grateful for anyone who helps. To help you help me here’s a little tip sheet. The goal: get as many sales and mentions TODAY (Tuesday Sept. 17th). Things will pick up 9am PST.
How to help
on Tuesday 9/17 (Today): Set a schedule reminder for one or more of the following (iCal appt)
- Buy the book :) Amazon is best for me (but any store / format helps including your local bookstore)
- Email your coworkers or business associates about the book
- Post on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn with the link
- If you’ve read the book, post an Amazon.com review (and Facebook / Tweet about it)
- Spread word of the sample chapter, the movie trailer or the high profile endorsements
- Multiple mentions throughout the day can only help
Sample Facebook / Twitter text:
Feel free to reuse, borrow, snip and edit these:
“Read this great free chapter about The Year Without Pants – awesome new book: http://bit.ly/samplepants #wordpress #nopants”
“Hate cubicle life? Watch this funny video about a great new book http://bit.ly/moviepants – The Year Without Pants #nopants”
Best single link to use:
If you have something else in mind, this is the best single link to use. Good for Facebook (the cover will show automatically):
Thanks folks! Stay tuned. I’ll be posting updates tomorrow and possibly tonight.
Want a Reminder?
If you’re following me in any medium you’ll be reminded :) There’s a special Facebook Event page, but my twitter, Facebook fan page and mailing list will all be updated in the morning, and likely through out the day with news.
If you leave a comment on this post I’ll make sure you get an email too.