[Update: This position is closed. Do not apply. Thanks]
I’m hiring a research assistant to help with my current book about working for WordPress.com, a company where everyone works from anywhere around the world.
This is an experiment at finding a win/win for working on a book: lets see if it works.
The goal of the research is to find data, and good summaries, to answer questions about remote work across different industries and cultures. It’s a task I can do, but one of you folks who likes researching things might enjoy helping with a book, and getting paid for it.
Here’s the rundown:
- The job starts ASAP
- It’s probably a total of 10-20 hours of work over the next month
- The tasks will be things like “find out what companies have trait X or Y” or “what evidence is there of V or Z”
- You need basic statistics knowledge (how to poke holes in study claims and evaluate research quality)
- You need to have google-fu and possibly fu for academic search engines
- You need to write well enough to organize what you find so it’s easy for me to consume, with references
- You’d get to help shape some of the book and chat with me about various book things
- You can tell me what you think you should be paid
To apply: [Position now closed]
- Answer this question: “What % of companies allow telecommuting of any kind?”
- Write up a brief summary and cite your sources
- Include the words “inchoate” and “papaya” somewhere in your message
- I’d expect this would take an hour or less to complete
- You have until EOD Friday
There’s only one position and I will update here as soon as I’ve found someone (So check back before you do this work). I don’t want to waste your time.