Was traveling all week so Wednesday linkfest is now Friday linkfest. I’m sure you all could figure this out but I feel obligated to say something in the sentence that precedes the link:
- 100 years of special effects (youtube) – The thing I wonder about is if 100 years from now people with think of our best special effects the same way we think of the ones 100 years before us, or if there has been a decreasing curve of possible size of improvement over time.
- Kurt Vonnegut explains drama – this is good for writers and readers. And in classic Voneygut form at the end, it’s quite funny and cynical about human existence.
- In praise of the sci-fi corridor – I’m a sci-fi corridor junkie. The book I worked on about the london underground was in part a way to spend countless hours in the modern stations running around prenteding i was a kid on a spaceship.
- Why we’re screwed – Evidence our brains are wired for hunting, and how the internet lets us never stop.
- The many failures that led to rock band – A good honest, useful portrayal of what it took to develop the ideas for rock band and to succesfully bring it to market.