There is something important I don’t say very often. I need you.
Yes you. Not the guy in the cubicle behind you, but you.
What I rarely talk about is I’m on my own – I’m flying solo in most of my work – and the only thing that keeps all this going are the comments, links, tweets, recommendations all of you guys do on my behalf to spread the word about my work.
As I’m several light years away from being a household name, and no billionaire benefactor has come forth yet to bankroll what I do, whatever fame I have comes from people who like my work. And unless you wandered here looking for Shmott Shermkun or Fott Ferkun, that’s you.
Here’s how you can help me and my career:
- Email / tweet / Facebook a blog post you liked to others
- Leave a comments so I know I did well, or not
- Buy one of my books if you’ve only read the blog (Myths / MTH / Confessions)
- Write an amazon.com review of my books (Myths / MTH / Confessions)
- Recommend a book, or this blog, to coworkers & friends (they can subscribe via RSS)
- If you know event organizers, suggest they bring me in as a speaker
I’m grateful to all of you who have done this stuff in the past. Every mention makes a difference.
Wanted to let you know I depend on you and appreciate the help, and if you’re not sure if it matters, I can tell you for sure that it does.