With a new book on the way it’s time to redesign this website, a site still working the same basic layout its had since 2003 (!). I’ve gotten many miles out of the current incarnation and uber-simple layout, but there’s enough content and traffic, over 850 posts, 50+ essays, 5400+ comments and 20,000 RSS subscribers, to merit some smart improvements.
I’m working with Architexture, a great little Canadian firm on my side on the continent, to bring things around into 2009.
Things are already plugging along, but I wanted to open the floor and see if there are things that have always bugged you, or wished I had, and see if I can make it happen.
The primary goals are:
- Keep the simplicity and content-centric design
- Freshen things up visually
- Make it easier to find popular posts/essays/etc.
- Improve the sales path for books and speaking engagements (how I pay for all this)
- Provide a way for readers to submit/vote on what I should blog about next
But the floor is open. Any feedback, complaints, or suggestions are welcome. Or if the above sounds good to you, please leave a short comment so we know we’re on the right track.
Thanks for all the support over the years – in return we’re working to make this site suck less :)