Here are this week’s (health care free) links:
- The parts of news you don’t usually get – This is so unbelievably awesome. Explains my gripes with television news, and in some respects, twitter, digg and social media.
- The Inner workings of Antikythera – The first lecture i did at Google about the Myths of Innovation talked about an ancient Greek computer that had computer tech lost to us for hundreds of years, called the Antikythera. This is an explanation of how we think it worked.
- Book signing gets bloody – Things go very strange and wrong at this book signing. Lots of pictures of blood. Not for everyone. I was too curious not to read it the whole thing.
- Innovation and resistance in religion – In the universal theme of how innovation and tradition will clash by definition, here’s an interesting article about Lutherans and gay-marriage (also see my earlier post on innovation vs. tradition)
- Guide to fails in Star Wars design – Bad things happen when you apply basic design questions to a set of movies you fell in love with as a kid. Very funny.