I’m excited to announce my next book is almost here. It’s called How Design Makes The World and it teaches anyone how to better understand good design.
It’s been 5 years in the making, yet it’s one of my shortest and most fun to read books.
This book teaches everyone:
- What good design is and why it’s so important
- How our lives are defined by designs, good and bad, made by others
- How to ask better questions of everything we buy, use and make
And it gives designers and makers:
- A fun and fast way to explain what we do to coworkers and friends
- A tool for making organizations more design mature
- Stories to use to be a better ambassador for good design
Early praise and reviews:
“This fascinating book will help you see design everywhere and question why it works—or why it fails” – Ellen Lupton, curator of contemporary design at Cooper-Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
“An invaluable, essential resource that demystifies and democratizes design for everyone who lives with it—which is to say, all of us.” – Khoi Vinh, Principal Designer at Adobe and Former Design Director of The New York Times
“Design does indeed make the world, and Scott Berkun has written a highly readable book about this fact.” – Henry Petroski, author of Small Things Considered: Why There Is No Perfect Design