The good folks at step two designs are taking me on tour in Australia next month – If you or anyone you know lives in the only country that doubles as a continent, please help spread the word.
Where: Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne – Sept. 1,6,8
What: An interactive fast paced class for folks who lead or work on projects, particularly UX or design intensive work.
- How to diagnose and resolve common project challenges
- Techniques for building credibility and earning influence
- Tactics for setting goals, tracking work and delivering on time
- How to prevent a crisis (and how to survive it when it happens)
- An understanding of how managers view the role of user experience specialists (and how to use it to your advantage)
- Through interactive discussion and fun exercises, you’ll explore why so many web and software projects fail, how to influence decisions you don’t control and how to successfully plan and schedule your own projects.
Who should attend:
- Project managers for web and software projects
- Folks who work on project teams
- People who have survived tough projects or are on one now
- User experience professionals, including usability specialists and information architects who want more influence
- People who like to learn through humor, stories, real situations and discussion
- Fans of essays like how to pitch ideas, how to survive a bad manager or why you must lead or follow
What you get:
Tons of interactive learning, fun exercises, comical war stories, answers to your toughest questions (including post-class e-mails), the meaning of life, two kitchen sinks, plus a copy of the bestselling artofpm book (Which I’ll sign, spill beer on, or do other activities of your choice with) with every registration.
Full registration info here – $995 GST if you sign-up before August 14th. Please help spread the word. Cheers.