Found this list in an old notebook – I have no idea what exactly prompted the list. Guess I was feeling ignored at work :) Instead of blaming others, I took a shot at self-criticism, and assumed the problem was mine. What could it be?
Why you are being ignored (The rude Q&A style list):
- You are silent
- You are not as clear as you think you are
- You aren’t convincing them why they should care
- You pick too many battles and have never won any of them
- You sound stupid to them
- You are stupid (at least about the thing you’re being ignored about)
- You waste time and never get straight to the point
- You haven’t earned anyone’s trust
- You don’t share your passion
- You haven’t worked to find an ally
- You smell funny
- You always ignore everyone else
- The people you work with are true fools
I’m sure you know someone who has potential, but always gets ignored – what else should be added to the list?