If you’re not sure if the book The Year Without Pants: WordPress.com & The Future of Work is for you, here’s a list:
- (New) Amazon.com named it one of the best books of 2013
- This Internet thing might be important and WordPress powers ~20% of it. Shouldn’t you know how they did that?
- WordPress.com is the 8th most popular website in the U.S. Their methods are worth studying.
- Remote work is on the rise and is probably in your workplace’s future. What’s it really like?
- Email is the bane of most of our lives: how does WordPress.com work without it? (that’s right without)
- 80+ positive reviews: more than I’ve ever had for a book out for only a month.
- It’s the only business book where an “expert” puts themselves to the test of a real job (See Call BS on a Guru)
- It has the words pants in the title, which if you say five times fast will make you smile. Yet you can buy the book for work!
- It’s a fast and entertaining true story. I’m good at this writing thing.
- It explains the bad things you’ve experienced at work with good advice on how managers can change them.
- There’s a compelling argument for treating employees like adults and not children or machines.
- (Bonus) You can read the first chapter, watch the movie trailer or read expert reviews for free.
I hope I changed your mind: If I didn’t leave a comment or question and I’ll write better reasons.