Today was my last day at Microsoft. Several months (years?) of thinking about doing other things have ended. I am now unemployed. Handed in my badge and left building A. I stood outside for a good ten minutes looking at the building, laughing about how I couldn’t get back in even if I wanted to.
I have a few months to figure out what’s next. I’m proud of myself for doing something that scared the crap out of me.
Work history 1994-2003:
- Usability engineer, Various office products, IE 1.0
- Program Manager, IE 2.0-IE 5.0
- Lead Program Manager, Windows
- Training Manager, Engineering Excellence Group
- Lead Program Manager, MSN
- 5 patents (So much for the patent process)
- 6 ship it awards (I may have lost some?)
- 10 managers
- 12 different offices
- 50 something specifications written
- Zero confirmed HR violations